Here’s the perfect, quick recipe for a large family that’s relatively inexpensive to make, with ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen. It serves ten, so cut it in half or more if you wish.
Pueblo Green Chili Stew
- 2 lbs Lean boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 T Vegetable oil
- 3 cans Whole kernal corner, drained, 12 oz each
- 2 Celery ribs, chopped
- 2 Potatoes, medium, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, medium, coursely chopped
- 3 cans Green chiles, chopped, 4 oz each or frozen/thawed
- 4 c Chicken broth
- 2 t Ground cumin
- 1 t Drived Oregano
- Onions, chopped, optional
- 1 t Salt, optional
- Cilantro, optional
- In a large Dutch oven, brown half of the pork at a time in oil.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until pork is tender.
- As shared with Taste of Home.