Got potatoes? Here’s a healthy recipe with a twist, made with diced potatoes and chicken breasts.
Chile Lime Potato Tacos
This recipe is great for people who crave Mexican food but strive to consume fewer calories. The chili and lime flavors make this recipe so tasty and with all variations under 250 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving, this is a perfect recipe to include in a low-calorie diet. Adding potatoes to your taco increases the potassium and vitamin c, without adding fat or cholesterol.
- 1/2 lb Yukon Gold or red potatoes, cut into bite-size cubes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 c chopped onion
- 1/2 lb pound diced boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 c red chili enchilada sauce
- 1/4 c finely chopped poblano, Anaheim or bell pepper
- 1 t Mexican seasoning blend
- 1/2 c shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 Small corn tortillas
- Shredded cabbage or romaine lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced avacado
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Fresh cilantro
- 8 Lime wedges
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH for 5 to 7 minutes. Spray a large skillet liberally with cooking spray. Add potatoes and onion; cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring and coating with cooking spray occasionally. Stir in chicken, pepper and seasoning and cook for 5 minutes more. Add red chili enchilada sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Place equal amounts of cheese on each tortillas and heat in a skillet until cheese is melted. Add potato mixture and any other desired toppings. Serve with lime wedge.